Sacrificate

Living in Honduras for the past 8 years has been an amazing adventure. People often ask me what's a normal day like for me. Well, there is nothing normal about any day of my family's life in Honduras. It's an adventure. I hope to be able to share some of our daily adventures and experiences through this blog. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

99 and counting


One of the sisters from the jungle village of Palo de Agua shared with me that her mom was sick and bed ridden. She asked me to visit her in Choluteca to pray for her. I told her to call me when she got to Choluteca and that I would meet her. I met her at the house where her mother, Juana, lives. They had a large, very tasty meal, prepared for me for lunch. The home was very humble, dirt floor, but very clean. Juana, 99 years old, fell and broke her hip 6 months ago. She spends most of her days sitting in a chair staring out the back door of the house. The family cannot afford the $500 for hip replacement surgery, After a few hours and a prayer of blessing for Juana I was on my way. But not empty handed, I brought a really bad stomach ache with me. Apparently the good tasting food did not taste to good to my stomach. After 2 weeks of being sick Ally finally started me on Cipro to kill the intestinal infection! The time with Juana was well worth the stomach issues!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home