Sacrificate

Living in Honduras for the past 8 years has been an amazing adventure. People often ask me what's a normal day like for me. Well, there is nothing normal about any day of my family's life in Honduras. It's an adventure. I hope to be able to share some of our daily adventures and experiences through this blog. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Selvin Born Again



I think that one of the most valuable things that we can offer to the kids that call the Mission Lazarus Refuge home is a Christian upbringing. Some of our kids carry more baggage than others, some have been to church before and others have not, but across the board they receive unconditional Christian love from our program. Yesterday afternoon i got a call from one of our "tias" or caregivers letting me know that Selvin Beltrand, one of the first 6 kids that God sent to us, wanted me to baptize him. This thrilled me. So, this morning, with all of Selvin's adoptive family in tow, we trecked down to a deep pool in the river that runs through the Mission Lazarus Hacienda. It was a great moment to get to have a Bible study on the edge of this beautiful stream, surrounded by mountains. Then Selvin and I waded into the chilly mountain stream. That's when the Angels in heaven started their party! Selvin was born again, his sins washed away, and the Holy Spirit by his side for the rest of his life. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home